If you are stuck somewhere and you need help, then you share your location with your friends and family so that they can reach you. However, for this you will need an internet connection in your phone. But many times we get stuck in a place where internet connectivity is not available. In such a situation, we do not get to share our location with our friends or family. However, there are many ways in which you do not need internet connectivity to share location.
RCS service available for sending location from SMS: For this, RCS i.e. Rich Communication Services has been introduced. Under this, you can send a location like multimedia content sharing to another user via SMS. With this you can send your location to your friends and family even without internet connection. In this post, we are giving you information about how to use this service in Android smartphone.
Send your location in Android smartphone without internet connection like this:
- For this, first you need to download the Android message app. You will find it on Google Play Store. Usually this app is available in everyone’s phone.
- After installing the app, open it and allow all permissions requested.
- Also make it the default SMS app of the smartphone.
- Then tap on Start Chat button.
- Here you have to enter the phone number of the person to whom you want to send your location.
- Then tap on the available + icon in the chat window.
- Now scroll down and tap on the Maps option.
- After this, the second window will open and tap on Send this location.
- This will move your location to your friend or family.